Women in Finance and Technology Scholarships are planned in such a way that
motivates capable female candidates to pursue their graduate studies and careers in technology and finance.
Norwegian Business School BI favors the UN Sustainable Development Goals. In particular, the BI targets the efforts to achieve gender equality in particular. This type of scholarship is intended to attract and inspire capable female candidates to pursue their careers in fields with gender imbalances.
Criteria for the following scholarship
The Women in Finance and Technology Master Scholarship will cover full tuition fees for up to two years, If the student maintains her academic progress requirements necessary for the scholarship.
Eligibility for Scholarships for Women in Finance Technology:
- Strong scholarly records for female applicants.
- Candidates who have received an offer of admission to at least one of the following programs:
- Masters of Sciences in Business with major in Finance (Campus Oslo and Campus Bergen)
- Masters of Sciences in Business Analytics
- MSc in Data Science for Business
- Masters of Sciences in Finance
- Masters of Sciences in Sustainable Finance
- MSc in Quantitative Finance
- The MSc International Scholarship and the BI Presidential Scholarship will also be considered for this scholarship. It is not necessary for the applicant to submit a separate scholarship application letter.
To apply for this scholarship you have to write an application letter in which you describe why are you deserving of this scholarship and how your academic record allows you to be considered for this scholarship.
Upload the scholarship application letter along with your online application for admission. It is necessary to include all the necessary documentation needed to be considered eligible for admission to a Master of Science program. If an admission offer is accepted only then will be the application be considered eligible.
If you are a student of BI in your 3rd year of the Sivil*konom program, you are eligible to apply in spring by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Women in Finance and Technology Scholarship Application.
- List of Free Universities in German 2022 | German Scholarship
- Hatfield Lioness Scholarship in UK 2022
Deadline for submission of applications:
Your application for admission, which includes your scholarship application must be submitted by March 1.
students of Siv*k must submit their applications by March 1.
The selection of beneficiaries is as per the following:
- BI Norwegian Business School is dedicated to attracting international students.
- Applicants who have been admitted to a Master of Science program and have followed necessary instructions only will be considered.
- Scholarships are distributed among MSc programs BI.
- Candidates from specific countries, BI accomplice schools, or those signed up for need expert’s projects might be given need.
- For evaluation, The ECTS scale will be used for all candidates. International bachelor’s degrees graduation grades will be converted to ECTS.
- Rankings can also be impacted by other academic achievements, GMAT/GRE/CAT scores, extracurricular accomplishments, and personal achievements.
- Candidates with a First-time master’s degree are given priority.
Awards for Scholarships for Women in Finance Technology are notified as follows:
- An admission offer does not include a scholarship offer, candidates should accept the admission offer until the decision for the scholarship comes.
- The selected candidates will be sent scholarship offers, throughout the admission process.
- The scholarship offers must be accepted by the deadline listed on the offer. For instance, a scholarship is not accepted by the deadline, it will be withdrawn and given to another candidate.
- Candidates who have not received the scholarship will be informed at the end of the scholarship awarding cycle. Decisions regarding Scholarships are not appealable.
Requirements for academic progress:
Scholarships are to be maintained by meeting academic progression requirements.
- Study progress (30 ECTS) in every semester.
- An aggregate GPA of a “B” on the BI ECTS scale is required after every academic semester.
- The Women in Finance and Tech Master Scholarship beneficiaries will acts as ambassadors for the program, aiding in employment efforts, and promoting a positive learning environment. The Scholarship Contract will further specify the exact responsibilities.
Awarded Scholarships for Women in Finance Technology:
The Scholarships will be granted up to ten times.
- Although one can apply for more than one scholarship, only one scholarship will be awarded per student by the BI Norwegian Business School.
- One who already holds a master’s degree, will not be prioritized.
- Scholarships cannot be transferred, as they are tied to academic programs and campuses.
- Applicants who are entitled to a student loan from L*nekassen in Norway (180 ECTS bachelor degree from Norwegian educational institution) will be considered local candidates for the BI Presidential Scholarship and hence they do not qualify for the stipend towards living costs.